Lauren Conrad is thought to have started the craze after posting this photo on twitter:
How to achieve this look:
1. Mix hair bleach and developer in a plastic bowl until you get an icy-like consistency.
2. Section out your hair; keep first section on top of head with a clip.
3. Split the bottom section in 1/2 and apply bleach to desire ends up to your desire length. Feather the brush towards the top and cover completely.
4. Apply foil (yes, you can steal the foil in your kitchen) to each section of hair, take bottom half of your hair down and do the same.
5. Heat ends with a blow dryer and check each section to make sure they are fully saturated.
6. Remove foils and rinse over the sink.
7. Put your desired hair color into a plastic cup and apply generously! This is the time to have some fun.
8. Wrap colored hair in plastic bag and apply heat, the longer it holds, the better the color keeps.
9. Let hair cool for 5 minutes.
10. Rinse ends with condition and smile at your sick new hair in the mirror!