Holy moly hair! As I showed a nail tutorial earlier on in the week, today it's time to show off those bangs. Or layers. Or frankly whatever you have on your head! This tutorial requires socks, smell them before you use them on that head!
You will need:
- 6-8 socks (preferably long and thin ones)
- Collect your socks. 6-8 socks is a recommended amount; but hair comes in different shapes and sizes, so if your hair is very thick you may need more (10-12 for example).
- Wash and towel dry your hair. Ensure your hair is free of any tangles/knots, hair should be damp but not dripping for styling.
- Grab a section with your non-dominant hand and hold it at the end. Place a tube sock across your hair so that it is perpendicular. The sock should be placed halfway between the roots and ends of your hair.
- Wrap the end of your hair around the sock. You should leave about one or two inches at the end loose.
- Roll the sock up toward your roots. Once you reach the roots of your hair, tie the ends of the sock securely together.
- Repeat on each section of your hair. It's easier to start at the bottom of your hair and work your way up. Don't style bangs, if you have them.
- Time to dry, best to sleep with the socks in overnight as they'll be fresh in the morning. Allow hair to dry. Or if it's sunny, you can sit out and dry in the sun (whilst getting a tan).
- Release the socks from your hair. Do this one-by-one using each section, and gently tousle your hair to release the curls. Be sure your hair is fully dry before removing the socks.
- Spritz hair with hairspray for lasting curls. You should use hairspray if your hair is naturally straight and does not usually hold a curl for long.
I found a video tutorial which is virtually the same thing-