Long live Queen Kate Moss!
Kate is officially the Queen of fashion. I want to add the world but Kate Middleton exists and could be Queen one day and saying something like that could get controversial. Although, did you know that Kate Moss used to play a fictional Queen of England in the TV series Blackadder? Me either.
Being 40 years old and still working is beyond amazing in this current world. As a whole, it's hard for a celebrity to have staying power that they used to have like Michael Jackson or Marilyn Monroe. The world used to worship their work but now with the social media technology we have today, our attention spans are shorter and celebrities careers die earlier. It's a fact really. Is there a celebrity out there today who will definitely be working in 10 years time? Nope. It's all about short term cash, fast.
This is why it amazes me that the mysterious, Kate Moss is still relevant in todays culture. Especially being in the fickle fashion field where being heroin chic is hot one minute then dead the next. Kate has been working for 26 years and is still booking high profile jobs today. Most retire at 25. She practically reinvented Playboy recently and for someone who isn't known as big busted, it's clear that was overlooked and she still managed to revive Playboy, but with class. She doesn't even Tweet or Post and still manages to grab headlines.
That's the thing. Instead of another boring post about the Kate story or a pointless post clustered with pretty pictures... I thought lets post the 40 most random facts about the most mysterious model in showbiz. And yes as she barely does interviews these are either rumours or truth- but sadly I'm not friends with Mossy to confirm them for you. But hey they're more fun that
- Did modeling for Roberto Cavalli's spring and summer collection 2006 in Ibiza soon after she checked out of rehab (November, 2005).
- She loves Eastenders.
- Interviews make her feel ill (explains why she doesn't conduct many).
- Her biggest fashion regret are dungarees.
- Classes Mick Jagger as her style icon.
- Her ultimate beauty product is black kohl eyeliner.
- She had her figure immortalized in solid gold in a £1.5 million pound sterling statue for the British Museum.
- She doesn’t like texting as she’s a self-proclaimed ‘grammar snob’.
- Her favourite app is Dumb Ways to Die.
- Started model Devon Aoki's career.
- She prefers Lord of the Rings to Harry Potter.
- She doesn't take selfies.
- In 2005, a naked portrait of Kate, painted by artist Lucien Freud was sold for £3.9 Million pounds.
- If she hadn't been scouted she says she probably would've been a barmaid in Croydon for the rest of her life.
- Kate always goes natural and feels that nothing should cover up your beauty. As she quotes 'It sounds really corny but I think that if you're beautiful on the inside, you're beautiful on the outside, for sure.'
- She makes plum jam from fruit grown from her Cotswold estate.
- If she could be any animal, she'd be a lioness. With her dark blonde mane- it shows.
- According to her contract, she's permitted to have a cigarette break every 15 minutes... that's fashion.
- She's been on over 300 magazine covers and is now the contributing editor at British Vogue.
- She’s a addict and drinks between 10-15 cups a day
- Her favourite cheese is Stilton.
- Her brother Nick used to be a model.
- She bought her own engagement ring in 2008 because her fiancé, Jamie Hince, couldn’t afford it at the time.
- 'I was never anorexic, so I was never that skinny. I was never bony-bony. But I remember thinking, I don't want to be this skinny.' and she hates going to the gym too...
- 'Once I was walking from The Mercer in New York - because otherwise I don't walk anywhere - and this woman paparazzo who was following me fell over a fire hydrant and her whole tooth went through her lip. I leant over her, saying, 'Are you all right?' and she was still taking pictures.'
- Prior to breaking up with Pete Doherty, Moss co-wrote four songs on Babyshambles’ second album Shotter’s Nation – “You Talk”, “French Dog Blues”, “Baddie’s Boogie”, and “Deft Left Hand”.
- After Moss’ drug scandal in 2005, she has been able to get more deals and more money because fashion bosses believe consumers will be attracted to her wild life style and there is a certain danger about her. She is expected to have earned thirty million by the end of 2006.
- Kate celebrated her 33rd birthday with a 24-hour party. She spent more than $12,000 on a marathon drinking and dancing session. The celebrations began in her Primrose Hill home, then she met Pete Doherty at Scott's oyster bar in Mayfair.
- Kate ranked at #7 on a countdown of the Ten Most Beautiful English Women.
- She drank and smoked heavily at age 12 and has supposedly, never done a runway show sober...
- Daughter Lila isn't going to model so soon, 'Lila can't be a model until she's at least 21. She is already a mini-me - it is scary. She already has her own beauty kit.'
- She loves her jam and makes it from her Cotswold garden. 'Jam! I love my jam. I've just had a batch of it come through, I've been making it.'
- Carla Bruni once took her too lunch during Milan Fashion Week to make sure she got fed during the week. Bit sad that Carla didn't think of making sure there was food during shows for all models...
- The saved Richard Branson's Mum Eve from a fire in 2011.
- Her net worth is $70million.
- Rosie Huntingdon-Whitely refers to Kate Moss as her inspiration.
- Her fashion friends include Stella McCartney, Sadie Frost and Jo Wood.
- She is godmother to Jude Laws’ daughter Iris.
- Her fashion line is set to return to Topshop in 2014 and will be sold in 40 countries worldwide.
- She supports Chelsea Football Club.