Studs have been exploited over Tumblr recently and the trend has really caught on. Studs are a cheap way to upcycle an outfit- yet companies still manage to charge say £60+ for jeans with studs on. I bought a packet of studs for under £3 (with free shipping!) recently. Today here's a DIY tutorial for some cute, cuff bracelets.
You will require:
- Heavyweight cotton webbing or twill tape, about 1 1/4" thick
- Snap fasteners (or press stud)
- Needle & Thread
- Studs (Of any colour & shape you like)
- Round needle-nose pliers and nylon jaw pliers
- Cut webbing to fit your wrist, allowing an extra 2" for hemming. Hem both ends of webbing by folding over 1/2", then over another 1/2", stitching with matching thread.
- Get out the snap fasteners and put one on top of one end of webbing, the other on the bottom of the opposite end of webbing. Stitch snap fasteners to each end.
- Plan a pattern by setting studs on top of webbing. When desired pattern is found, push studs through and secure by folding spikes closed around webbing. Squeeze with nylon jaw pliers to secure studs.
I found the perfect tutorial to show you all how to stud :) From the beautiful BeautyCrush, here she studs her jeans.
And here are some studs to check out: