And it's not just any half term- it's Easter half term. Time to pig out then burn it off quickly before anyone's noticed! With tomorrow being Good Friday; everyone has a day off before the big Easter weekend. Gives plenty of time to release the inner Nigella in all of us. Or Mary Berry. Chocolate Easter nests are delicious and easy to make- with not much actual cooking involved. Here's the recipe and enjoy :) It makes 12, make sure you get plenty for the hard work!
You will need:
- 200g milk chocolate (or enough to cover the cereal)
- 5 Shredded wheat
- 36 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Cake cases
- 12-hole bun tin (Optional you can do this without one)
- Heatproof bowl
- Place 12 cake cases in a 12-hole bun tin, or any other baking trays you have. Set aside
- Break the chocolate into equal squares and place in a heatproof bowl. You can melt the chocolate by either microwaving- by checking the chocolate every 20 seconds and stirring. Or by melting over a pan of simmering water, stirring until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Crumble the shredded wheat into the bowl with melted chocolate. Make sure the pieces are small and even. Next, coat the shredded wheat. Spoon into cake cases and use a teaspoon to mould into shape. You want a dip in the middle for the mini eggs to sit in.
- Places 3 mini eggs in each nest and chill in the fridge until set. Enjoy :)