DIY Gold-dipped shoes tutorial
So last week I did the kitty cats on your flats. But if you've still got more pumps to spare, or didn't fancy a cat on your shoe- why not go for a chic gold finish?
You will need:
- Ballet flats/pumps or any other shoe which needs a boast :)
- Gold spray paint
- Plastic bags
- Newspaper (optional)
- Choose your pair of shoes to give their mojo back and put some newspaper down on the floor/surface you are working on.
- If you have any bows on your pumps (or anything else decorative) using scissors, cut them off.
- Next, tape off your shoe 2-3 inches from the top. Plastic bags can be used to cover the rest of the soles. Now spray away. One coat may not be enough, try 2 or 3 coats.
- Allow 15 minutes drying time then unravel the tape off your new shoes!
- Repeat to the other shoe. If you have any different coloured spray paints- feel free to experiment.
So if you can't afford those new designer heels, I gurantee these are so much cheaper to do. How proud would you be if you said 'Oh I didn't buy them, made it myself' :)