- Plastic carrier/grocery bag
- Masking tape
- Round object to use as a head form (maybe a cabbage or pumpkin)
- Newspaper (or if you don't have any thin coloured paper can work)
- Double sided tape
- Firstly, cut up the grocery bag to create a single sheet of plastic. Place this plastic sheet over the cabbage.
- Secondly, take the masking tape and apply strips of it to the plastic sheet, overlapping each slightly. Till you have created the shape of the skull cap. Carry on adding masking tape to the cabbage for 2-3 layers, so you end up with a sturdy wig base.
- Next, remove the cap from the cabbage, use the scissors to trim the excess plastic around the cap. To fully support the cap, you can add more strips of masking tape around the edge and inside the skull cap.
- Now, place the cap back onto the cabbage model and start styling your wig. Cut up coloured paper and newspaper to 1/2 inch strips. Curl your hair by dragging the strip against the closed blade of the scissors (like you used to do in school!).
- Finally, add 4 to 6-inch strips of double sided tape to the bottom rim of the cap and start to add hair to the cap. Continue this process until the crown of the cap and the wig is full up.